Saturday, January 24, 2009

random updates

things have been good and stressful. i hate when i get on these stretches where i don't blog, and in fact last weekend, anne and i, and some of our friends actually had a little discussion on why we blog. i blog because i want to be a better communicator and i believe blogging has contributed to be becoming one. and sometimes, like right now, i have to just force myself to write something because i know it will benefit me. and i also know that many times when i write a post, for whatever reason, it causes me to want to write more.

so life has been good lately. anne recently got a raise and, after she passes a test and receives some sort of insurance license, will get another one. at that point she'll become my sugar momma because she'll be officially making more than me. which i am fine with, because i know that someday, hopefully in the relatively near future, i'll be making more than her again :). which leads me to my next update which is i found out, yesterday, that i will probably be getting an internship at spectrum. interning there has been part of my plan all along because finding out about medical social work is what caused me to get into social work to begin with. this isn't to say that 20 years down the road i still want to be a medical social worker, but it's definatly a great place to begin a social work career, especially for a BSW. so finding that out made my day. it also gave me a boost of confidence.

my confidence in myself has been shaken ever since i decided not to pursue becoming a surgical technologist. for me, confidence is something that is very fragile. lately, i have been going through some serious doubting concerning my future because my interview with spectrum for my internship wasn't that great. i couldn't thoroughly answer some pretty easy questions. and spending all this time waiting to hear from them has made me doubt things even more. starting monday, i was about to embark on some serious internship hunting and take a spot where ever i could get one. thank God, that i won't have to, and hopefully things are all back on track.

so that's my life right now. i've been reading a lot. i knocked out the great gatsby right before christmas and i have been reading the jungle by upton sinclaire ever since. down the road, those two books are sure to give me a great post on capitalism. i've also been getting way into philosophy. hopefully i'll get some thoughts down in the near future. until then...

4 comments:

Heath Countryman said...

Having a sugar momma is great! My wife has made more than me 8 of the 10 years we have been married. And she let me have a 2006 Dodge Charger R/T, so no complaints here!

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear the internship is working out! That will be a nice relief when all the details are finalized!

Being the sugar momma is very affirming for me! I might not have said that when Grace was younger, but now that she is in school is something I really enjoy!

Anne said...

Love you.
Love,
Your Sugga Momma
haha... :X

Unknown said...

I know exactly what you mean about writing even when you don't feel like it. I struggle with that, as well as with writing about more serious issues. I'm not as flakey as my blog makes me appear, but I think I just get lazy. Well, I guess it's ok 'cause its MY blog, right. :)